Sunday, January 3, 2010

ONE MONTH AND 12 DAYS ALREADY


It has been a while since I wrote in these the blog but between being busy with being a new Mom, more traveling after being back from Russia and than losing my password as I was so tired.. I guess the blog was the last thing in my mind...

It is now 1 month and 12 days our little tsar is with us.

He has gained so much weight since the day we picked him up at the baby home, he also took so many planes... a week after we were back home in PA we went to Florida to see the rest of the family and spend Xmas there.. we al;so drove 4 hours from Naples Florida to go to Disney World in Orlando.. We are finally back home and it sure feels good.

I have to say, the first month was very challenging mainly with our emotions. But everyday are better and better. He is such a great little guy! As our family says, he was custom made to us.
He loves to sleep, love to eat, of course love to play and laugh and barely cries. We could not ask for better.

In 2 days, our little man will start his speech therapy that our county is providing. He actually said couple's day ago his first sentence: "I see you". His vocabulary now expended to: Papa, Maman, Look (however he says cook), Right there and in French he can say Toutou.
He may not say much but we can see he understand a lot of English and French...Poor guy he has 2 languages to learn at once so we need to be patient.



I have only one regret in our adventure. We met so many nice families also adopting from Vladivostok and it is sad America is such a large country as everybody is from another state. Well I guess that is why we all have internet. Ha!

For all the families still waiting on a court date, our thoughts are with you and hoping you will get the call very soon.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are doing so well. I am also glad you are teaching dimtriy english and french. I want to have my kids learn dutch as well but am a bit scared that it will be too much.

    I also have the same issue as you. You meet so many nice people, who actually understand what you have been through and are going through, but everybody is so far away. I found a family (through Steve and meredith's blog) who were in Vladivostok just before us for their first trip (they left the day before we arrived) and hopefully they will be there for their second trip the same time we are. they are from Lubbock TX where Marc went to school. Who knows. Anyway, long live the internet to stay in touch. We set up skype as well to be able to talk to my parents especially when the kids are here so they can see their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins across the ocean.

    ReplyDelete