Saturday, April 10, 2010

The News!

Yes, the News!! Not good!!!

As many of you already know since it is all over the news, this single Mom send back her adoptive son's to Russia by himself with a note saying she does not want him anymore.

This little boy is from Vladivostok just like my Little one.. So you can imagine how deeply touch I feel about this terrible news.

A much as I don't like to judge anybody, this one is hard to swallow!

First: How can a person treat a 7 years old boy like that!! Did she listen to all the classes we had to go thru, all the risk we were willing to take or not? I guess not!!! I am sorry but the life of a child is precious no matter what! And once you take the decision to be part of his life, you handle it as gentle as you can and the best you can. It is fragile and precious! If you are not capable, you should know it in your heart and not go thru the process! It is a human life we are dealing with not a plant you leave in the corner and water once in a while!!!! Yes! I am mad!!!!! And if he truly had some mental problems, how about help? America has a great system in place to help all the families who have adopted overseas. And how about giving him some time? At 7 years old, she thought maybe he will be happy and all good in a week.. in a different home, different language, different food and much more... Lady! I am sorry to say but little kids have feelings too and do not have an on and off button on their past!!!
Yes I am mad!!!

Second: Now all this families and children waiting!!!???? Are they going to pay the price because of this person? Not fair! So many children are waiting and so many good parents are hoping!

I strongly hope all the families I met will be able to bring their little ones home! I know what right now they must be going thru! Scary moments!

My heart is with all these families I met still in the process and anyone trying to bring back their child from Russia!

3 comments:

  1. Amen. Well said.

    My daughter is from the Artem baby home. Now I am off to find out which home your son came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes ,Stella we did get our referral on the day the story came out. We were so happy for couple of hours and than we were shocked and scared at that point for what that means for our adoption and many others. We are so scared I haven't been sleeping at all so yesterday I took tylenol pm . this will be on my mind until we get her home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, our little one comes from Vladivostok baby home #1

    Maggie and Randy: I don't have to imagine what you must be going thru. I know what you are going thru and really it upset me as I know the feeling of joy but also can't help to stress until the day you are actually in teh plan and your child is with you. Maggie are you with Beacon house adoption agency? When are you suppose to leave for Vladivostok? I am so thinking and praying for your guys and so many other families. I know it is easier to say than do but try to relax and I am sure it is all going to be fine. At least let's not forget right now and mainly Russia is in good term mith our president so let's hope they will all get this problem resolve without jepardizing all the families in the process.

    Again thinking of you strongly and keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete